1. Cleve country people:
- they r much like "org2 kampung" in malaysia, frenly, everybody knows everybody, "hi" and wave hand to everybody, including passers-by in cars.
- "dont talk to stranger" policy is not applicable for their kids. i remember a group of young ballerinas surrounded me on my way to my accomodation, n asked me my name etc. there was also a boy asking me "who r u?" when i went past his house.
- they drink and use rain water instead of pipe water. pipe water is no good and taste bad.
- most of the houses in farms powered by solar and wind energy due to the extra costs they have to pay to get electricity installed. im talking about around 30k.
- the men's hobbies are stuffing their sheds ( with things such as lorries, cars, tyres, bikes...everything!!), fishing and shooting (rabbits, kangaroos, pigs, wildcats.. but not emus, foxes, birds)
- the women's hobbies are quilting, gardening and fishing.
- other hobbies are scuba diving, bush walking and swimming.
- U feel safe in a car driven by a man holding a stubby in hand, and already had few bottles before.
- rain brings happiness to everybody (the draught is really affecting averybody, especially the farmers)
- only a cop working in the police station.
- the nearest neighbour is 30-40 kms away
2. health n diseases:
i've never see as much people with total knee replacement (TKR) in Malaysia. we had a good discussion and derived a conclusion:
u will have to have TKR if:
- u get injury to the knee due to sports, accidents etc
- u use sitting toilet instead of squatting toilet
- u TAK SOLAT 5 waktu*
- u didnt do a lot of movement, especially the inner range one.
- other reasons...
u dont belive me? wait until the time when u will have to spend ur gaji, KWSP or pencen money on orthopedics, physios and surgeons. even if u r covered by insurance etc, i bet u wouldnt want to experience the pain and sufferings.
above all, thanks to all who make my stay in Cleve confortable, fun and educational (kes kes). i wish i dont have to come back to this boring city life of Adelaide the babelaide (anybody heard this b4?).
cuti cuti cuti....
* also applicable for frozen shoulder, athritis, flaccid spine, bad posture, muscle weakness. they come in packages.